Well, I have decided to make myself healthier. I watched an amazing and super informational movie called Food Inc. It ruined my life.... actually, no. It totally changed my life and has changed the way I will eat FOREVER! I found a natural foods market here in town that sells chickens that are farm raised here in Tulsa and then are brought to this store and frozen. They are only about $3.50 per whole chicken. So I am going to cook them each in the crock-pot without any seasonings, shred them up in 1lb portions and then freeze the cooked meat. As for beef, there is a farm about 40 mins away that sells fresh and frozen beef that is already portioned out into roasts, steaks and ground beef. I will NEVER, EVER buy meat from a regular grocery store again. I am also only buying in season produce. In April, the Cherry Street Farmers Market opens and I will only be buying my produce there. It will actually be cheaper to get my meat and produce this way because there are no shipping costs. And it makes me feel good. I feel like I am helping the farmers here stay in business. I feel like I am supporting them. For my birthday George got me a bread-maker. I will be baking my own bread once or twice a week. This will save us money on bread and will be better for our bodies.
Charlotte's sayings and doings...
15 years ago


3 comments:
Congrats becca! I've been trying to do some similar things for myself too. Thanks for the inspiration to keep it up.
I love it! I love Vegas, but oh how i miss farmers markets! when we visit my folks in WA we always go to town to get fresh fruit and veggies. Vegas produce just doesnt compare to stuff that was just picked! not picked, packed, and shiped for three days in a truck.
Good for you! You can do it. It's funny you mentioned Food inc, I just got that on netflix and since my husband hasn't wanted to watch it I will be watching it by myself.
Post a Comment