So, George and I are officially neglecting parents. Now before I tell you what happened, let me explain this. I'm actually scared of typing it, in fear that I jinx it and she stops. Ok here it goes.... I have a really good baby. She sleeps ALL THE TIME! We actually have to wake her and then struggle like crazy to keep her awake long enough to eat. It was a problem in her first week because she lost so much weight. The DR said it was the max amount of weight they wanted to see her lose at her birth weight. So we've had to supplement with formula on top of me nursing her. Ok.... so George and I set 2 alarms at night. One at midnight and one at 3:30 or 4, depending on how much she ate earlier. Last night we fed her at 9ish and put her down for bed. AT 2:40AM... I rolled over, leaking like crazy all over the bed and panicked. I woke up George to ask him if he got up with her at midnight to feed her? (That's his time slot) He jumps up and says he didn't hear his alarm, ME EITHER!! So yes, our sweet girl slept for almost 6 hours and didn't eat. I hurried to wake her and feed her, she downed it like crazy, fell right back to sleep, then slept until 6:30am. This kid, she's a sleeper. I feel lucky, but feel awful that I let her sleep that long last night. Poor girl :(
Charlotte's sayings and doings...
15 years ago


11 comments:
No worries- now that you're supplementing with formula she'll put the weight back on pretty well- and if she slept a little longer than you'd hope well, it's ok- she'll put the weight on just fine (formula helps with that a lot!)don't beat yourselves up! She;ll put on the weight and she'll sleep longer with formula (H slept for five hours her first night with it) so no worries- just keep breastfeeding and supplementing and little Charoltte will get all she needs- and sleep when you can:) you need rest!
Hey, as long as you keep on consistently nursing her, your breasts will always wake you up! They are the best alarm you have.
Awww, don't worry about it too much. Our girls have always been small, and they missed quite a few nighttime feedings because I and they slept through them.
Consider yourself lucky! You're not bad parents, lots of babies sleep for 6 hours without eating... unfortunately my kids weren't those types of babies.
Don't worry too much about the weight thing either. When Sandler was two weeks old the doctor who circumcised him said he was overweight. Then, when he was 9 months old, he ended up being in the less than 1 percentile for his weight. Now, he's totally normal.
Just keep feeding her when you can, and enjoy these quite times of her sleeping all the time!
I think it's amazing you can remember the details of the night. I always would wake up in the morning with no recollection of what happened the night before. And, like others have said - don't worry too much about it. She'll get on a routine soon enough.
That's not neglecting!! You're such a first time mom ;) not a bad thing!! :) Promise!! You live and learn.. and its a GREAT thing she's sleeping all the time.. Enjoy it ;)
Don't worry about things like that this early on, there will be plenty of time for beating yourself up over real parental slips when she gets older.
No worries, Gareth slept 6 hours our first night home and i actually woke him up after 6 because i was freaking. He slept like that every night, it was a blessing. She would wake up if she was hungry. Dont beat yourself up. It's a great thing that she sleeps like that. Gareth was sleeping 8 hours at 6 weeks and 10 hrs a night at 8 weeks and it only got better. Sounds like she is on the same path!!! yay!!!
I'm sure she's fine because you're keeping an eye on it. She'll get the hang of it.
This theory probably doesn't apply yet dang it, but I say if they are asleep let me stay asleep. Maybe in the near future. I know I keep telling you this, but she is so beautiful, I love the pic of Charlotte and your dad, you can totally tell it's your dad with his profiled eyes. Keep having fun cuz they grow up really really fast!!!!
Oh, she is so cute! Just darling!
Post a Comment