love

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

YAY! SHE'S HERE!!!!

Well the last post was sent from my phone shortly after she was born. I honestly couldn't have asked for an easier labor and delivery experience. It was great! I went in Sunday night at 10 and the began to induce me. Contractions obviously became more uncomfortable but nothing too intolerable. At around 7am I was still only dilated to a 2. Talk about frustrating!! I got up to go to the bathroom and realized that my water had totally broken. I called the nurse and she said it hadn't. Ummmmm..... I'm not numb yet. I have control over my bladder thank you! I KNOW it was my water that broke!! Half an hour or so later I got up again and left a lovely trail around the room of water.... NOW DO YOU BELIEVE ME?!?! New nurse comes in, she believed me :) Called my dr and she told them to go ahead and put me on an epidural and start the pitosin so I'd be ready when she came in later that day. That's right, I got and epidural at a 2! Labor?? What labor? :) The epidural was weird. I felt like I was getting electrocuted or something. But it sure was great once the medicine kicked in!! By around 11am I was dilated to a 4 and just snoozing away. Nothing cool. 2 hours later I was feeling weird and looked at the monitor. With the last 2 contractions, Charlotte's heart rate dropped. I called the nurse in and she said that might be good actually and she checked me again. I was at a 10 and ready to go! In 2 hours I went from a 4 to a 10, it was great!! She hurried to call my dr and have her rush here. Then she had me do a couple sets of "practice pushes". After the first set, her head was showing. By the third set, the nurse had me stop and wanted me to wait to push through anything because she was coming too quick. They really just wanted the dr to be here so they didn't have to deliver! Not a chance! I started having another contraction and George looks down, "Um, I think she's coming out!" Nurses run over and my contraction just slid her on out!! I didn't even push! She was so ready to be here!! My dr didn't make it in time, just in time to fix me all up. But it was so awesome. They put her on my belly and I lost it. I couldn't believe this HUGE baby was just INSIDE me! She looked so big! I was so overwhelmed. This was MY baby! George followed the nurses over to where they cleaned her all up and he was just as teary as me. He said it was so crazy that this was HIS daughter, OUR baby girl!!



Left: This was the nurse that delivered Charlotte. Right: Dr. Long that was SUPPOSED to deliver her :)


So far, she's been a great baby! She's really mellow. When she's awake, she just looks around and coo's. I love it! I already love being a mom and having my little girl here with us. She's so great and has already been a light in our home. I'm so happy!!!!

15 comments:

Kevin and Stephanie said...

I'm so excited for you!!! AHHH what a cutie! But now what kinda hell story are you going to swap with with others? j/k yours is the story everybody wishes they could tell.... congrats! I love her chubby cheeks.

Jen Rich said...

She is so beautiful! You will both make wonderful parents. Enjoy the new journey.

craftyashley said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad your birth was great (and not traumatizing!) Charlotte is beautiful. Charlotte is so lucky to have such a cute mommy. Welcome to the brave new world of Motherhood! It's gonna be a riot!

Lindsay said...

Reading about your labor experience almost made me cry. Maybe it's just the hormones, but childbirth really is a beautiful experience - even when there's pain and such! Congrats to the new mommy and daddy!

Taylor Family said...

Congrats!! She is beautiful!! I cant wait to meet her in person!! You will be at church this sunday right? Ha ha just kidding!! I have a little something for her! Dont you love Dr. Long she delivered both my girls and will be delivering our little boy as well!! I am glad to hear it went well!! Talk to you soon!!

thegatewoodfamily said...

Becca she is so beautiful. I am so glad to hear that you had a good labor (if there is such a thing). You are going to be such a good mommy, little Charlotte is so lucky to have you.

Alicia Steere said...

I can't believe that she came out on her own basically! WOW! What a fun story you have to tell now! So how are things? Are you home now? She is a doll, so cute, wish we were there to see you guys. She has very kissable cheeks! :)
Love you guys and Congrats!!!

Melinda said...

Oh that's so sweet Rebbeca. I'm so happy for you. I'm glad everything went smoothly for you and that cute babe. I can totally relate to the huge baby part. I was in total shock when they put Adelade on me, she was 9.04 lbs. Again, so happy for you guys!

The Calvert Family said...

YAY! I'm so glad for you both, and that it was so easy for you. That is a great way to bring a baby into the world. She is gorgeous!

lacie tidwell said...

YEA!!!!! I'm SOOO glad it went really well for you and that it happend so quickly:) that's awesome (epidural at 2 is awesome- I recommened it- not all are so lucky) she is beautiful!!!!! I'm SO excited for you guys- enjoy this time- it goes by SO quickly! CONGRATS again:)

Kelly said...

Yeah, you did it! Now I can get my hair done! :)

Katie Hansen said...

You're all done. Isn't it totally worth it? She's darling and I'm so happy for you. I can't wait to see the one week old pictures. Those are the ones when the swelling is gone, but still the newborn look. Congrats!!!

Jennifer said...

Man she's gorgeous!! :) Baby hungry anyone?? Even adam asked after seeing Charlotte if i wanted another baby!!! :) And lucky girl with an easy labor!! Glad it was so much better than you thought!!! :) Enjoy her!! Motherhood only gets better!

Jill Lewis said...

Congratulations-what a birth story! She is absolutely beautiful. Isn't having a baby the most amazing thing? I'm so happy for you. Best wishes. We love you.

Melanie said...

So many comments I hope you get to see mine. CONGRATS!!! I am so excited, it actually makes me kinda want another baby, but only kinda! She is beautiful and her name is so very precious! Have so much fun being a mom with the tears, laughs, and all that follows! We'd love to come to the blessing so if you can remember let us know. Love ya